[button link=”http://vsctools.com/product-details/sharpening-jig/” size=”small” color=”red”]Read More About Our Sharpening Jig[/button]
The continuous angle adjustment mechanism is what make this jig unique. It allows for most precise micro adjustments or to quickly make macro adjustments in order to jump between stones and/or sandpaper to re-establish the bevel angle.
This sharpening jig is completely manual, weighs less than 3 pounds, and the all steel construction should last a lifetime! In addition, it’s a large and comfortable tool that men with large hands will especially appreciate for ease of use.
This jig requires no special skills or woodworking experience.
• Lightweight (less than 3 pounds)
• Made in U.S.A.
• Mostly steel construction with plastic only for knobs and rollers.
• CNC steel mortise and tenoned parts welded together
• UHMW plastic guide rollers
• Finish is an anti-rust black zinc metallic coating
•Comfortable design for relaxed hand placement
• Fits a wide variety of tool sizes, shapes, lengths and thicknesses with ease, up to and including 3 inches wide. From long timber framing chisels to spoke shave blades and more.
• Lock and unlocks quickly. Lock the tool in place and you’re ready to go.
• Jig Stability: It is impossible for the blade to tilt and get out of alignment once it is set due to design stance of the jig.
• Once the blade is locked in the jig, no further manipulation of the tools is required. All necessary adjustments are done using the continuous angle adjustment knob.
• Smooth/stable linear action on sharpening stroke, as well as pivoting side to side when desired.
• Continuous Angle Adjustment for rapid and precise micro and macro angle adjustments.
• One full turn of the knob equals 1.5 degrees of angle change.
• Get maximum stroke and even wear from your abrasive material. No more dishes in water stones. Your stones will last longer.
1) Place the tool to be sharpened underneath the u-channel locking mechanism and allow tool to protrude past the leading edge of the platen so there is no interference of the platen when the tool comes in contact with the abrasive media (sandpaper, diamond stones, etc…)
2) Lightly tension the tool against the welded steel platen using the threaded locking knob.
3) Adjust for tool squareness and then tighten the threaded locking knob to lock securely in place.
4) Place the tool on the abrasive media (sandpaper or diamond stones) and use the threaded adjustment knob to set the bevel angle of the tool.
5) Lock the tool into position once the bevel is set by tightening the locking jam knob.
6) Begin sharpening to the desired bevel angle by guiding the tool back and forth against the abrasive media (sandpaper or diamond stones) until sharp.
7) The guide wheels will ensure even roller movement with no resistance at a constant fixed angle.
8) Micro bevel angle adjustments are easily accomplished by loosening the locking jam knob and raising or lowering the welded steel platen via turning the threaded adjustment knob without ever disturbing the locked position of the tool in the platen.
9) Now go enjoy woodworking & have fun!