Sharpen your knives easily and accurately.
“In my 30 years of woodworking I finally have a method that insures perfect edge straightness while sharpening my planer and jointer knives.” ~ Allan Little, AskWoodMan
In the video series I sharpen 12” planer and jointer knives, but 16” knives can also be sharpened using this jig and method. One of the most important aspects of using this jig is the ability to straighten crowned knives quickly and efficiently. Five knobs on each side of the jig offers plenty of adjustment in order to get the blades perfectly parallel to the jig. (I use a simple, straight ruler when I install).
This manual knife holding jig for sharpening planer and jointer knives is a solid steel, low tech tool that securely holds the knives for sharpening and straightening of the cutting edge. This jig can be used with a variety of abrasive material to address damaged or misshaped tool edges.
•This jig requires no special skills or woodworking experience. No special tools are needed.
TYPES OF BLADES SHARPENED:
•Planer and jointer blades up to 16” in length
• 12” X 5” X 3.25”
• Lightweight – 5 lbs.
• 1/8” mild steel construction with 10 plastic knobs
• Large comfortable size, very stable
• Completely Manual
• CNC precision bent and formed steel
• Finish is an anti-rust black zinc metallic coating
• Made in U.S.A.
FOR SUCCESSFUL SHARPENING:
• Use a ruler or straight edge to install the blades parallel to jig
• Have a flat surface plate for the jig to reference off of
• Examine knife quality to determine which sequence of grits to use
• Have quality abrasives of different grits available
What others are saying
There are no contributions yet.