VerySuperCool Tools sells our own proprietary precision, heavy walled machined aluminum extrusions.
Our 40x80mm extrusions go through a laborious 6-step process:
1) EXTRUDED – using our own proprietary die from aluminum that comes from North America
2) HEAT DISTRESSED – put in a giant oven, which makes the aluminum relax after the extrusion process
3) COOLING PROCESS – this process can’t be rushed, it’s important that they sit and cool off for several days
4) MACHINED – CNC machined on all four sides using a custom fixture
5) QUALITY CONTROL – each individually inspected for flatness, straightness and squareness with precision tools
6) FINISH – hard anodized with a clear finish
The 48″ length is an excellent choice for larger industrial table saws.
While the 40x80mm extrusions you find locally or on Amazon will attach to all styles of our T-squares, you’ll find that the flatness and straightness is a hit or miss element. This is just the nature of the extrusion process. For example, any extrusion with slots in the face normally has a crown across the face just a result of the manufacturing process of the nature of the die.
Important Note: If you have one of your own aluminum extrusions, or purchased one from us before December 2014, your extrusion will still work perfectly fine. But you may still consider purchasing one of these machined extrusions and having a second fence for even more options in your shop.
What others are saying
There are no contributions yet.